We report two cases of paradoxical cerebrovascular embolism associated with intrapulmonary arteriovenous fistulas. In both cases the diagnosis was made by the use of contrast transoesophageal echocardiography, which not only detected the fistulas but also localized the arteriovenous fistula to specific pulmonary vascular beds.
- Contrast echocardiography
- Paradoxical cerebrovascular embolism
- Pulmonary arteriovenous fistula
- Transoesophageal echocardiography
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Radiology Nuclear Medicine and imaging
- Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine