The use of 3D technology has significantly improved the diagnostic accuracy of echocardiography by overcoming the limitation of 2D echocardiography. Transillumination 3D image post processing technique enhances shadows and contrast of cardiac structures with a movable virtual light source improving further the clarity and detail provided by conventional 3D imaging. In this report, we present 3 cases, one of mobile atherosclerotic aortic root plaque, another of small thrombi on ICD lead, and a third case of bicuspid aortic valve perforation due to infective endocarditis in whom TEE 3D transillumination further improved the diagnostic quality of conventional 3D imaging and lead to accurate clinical diagnosis.
- live three-dimensional transthoracic echocardiography
- three dimensional transesophageal echocardiography
- transesophageal echocardiography
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Radiology Nuclear Medicine and imaging
- Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine