18Fluorine-2- Fluoro-2-Deoxy-D-Glucose positron emission tomography (18FDG PET) allows imaging of sites with increased metabolic activity. Increased metabolic activity in mediastinal nodes in sarcoidosis has been described. We report the prospective diagnosis of thoracic sarcoidosis on 18FDG PET based on extensive, peripheral, upper lobe parenchymal, and mediastinal nodal tracer uptake.
- Deoxyglucose/analogs/diagnostic use
- Fluorine/radioisotopes/diagnostic use
- Lung diseases/diagnosis/radiography
- Tomography, emission- computed
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Radiology Nuclear Medicine and imaging
- Pulmonary and Respiratory Medicine